Whistleblower and Qui Tam Cases

Kanoya We represent individuals or companies who have identified fraud in the use of public [“government”] funds. When federal funds are involved (for example, Medicaid or Medicare), the whistleblower can receive a payment of up to 25% of the total amount recovered by the government under the Federal False Claims Act. When state funds only are involved, the recovery is smaller, but the whistleblower still has the opportunity to receive a financial reward for bringing the fraud to the attention of the government.

Onoda In recent cases, we have helped clients recover more than $750,000 in federal False Claims Act whistleblower cases. If you believe you have knowledge of fraud involving the use of government funds, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible in order to preserve your rights as a whistleblower, to make sure you preserve evidence without jeopardizing your case, and in some instances, to protect your employment if you are employed by a company or individual who is acting fraudulently.

We also defend health care providers or other entities who have a whistleblower case filed against them. We work with you to evaluate your case and determine the seriousness of the charges brought against you. We communicate with state and federal law enforcement officials on your behalf in order to determine the best course of action for you to respond to a whistleblower case filed or threatened against you.

We represent public employees who are aware of substantial misuse of public funds, property or manpower, or who are aware of substantial violations of laws designed to protect the public or a public employer.  It is important that a public employee seek advice on the front end if they plan to report waste or violations of law so that they can protect their job by making the report in the appropriate manner and to the appropriate authorities.   If an employee has suffered an adverse job action as a result of making a report, the time for filing a claim is very short, so the employee should seek immediate legal advice.